"Denkmal für Gustav Adolf" 1856
Memorial for Gustav Adolf
Bronze, Gabbro granite, euphotide
Cast: v. Miller, Munich
Design of the foundation: Alexander Schröder
Sponsor: 13 citizens of Bremen
No longer in existence
The memorial was cast in Munich and was originally supposed to arrive in Göteborg. However, the ship carrying the memorial ran aground off the coast of Helgoland. Local fishermen sold the figure as stranded goods to citizens of Bremen, who gifted the sculpture to the city. A second cast was created in the city Göteborg in 1854. The bronze sculpture was erected on a base made of dark Gabbro granite and a foundation made of light euphotid and inaugurated on the 4th September 1856.
The figure was removed on the 12th June 1942 in the course of the German metal donation programme. The base was removed after World War II.