"Kriegerdenkmal 1870/71" 1872
War memorial 1870/71
Sandstone from Oberkirchen
Design and construction: Unknown
Commissioned by the borough of Walle
The war memorial was inaugurated on the 15th December 1872 in memory of the fallen sons of the borough of Walle. It was erected on the cemetery of Walle. It was moved to Ritter-Raschen-Platz in May 1899.
The blunt obelisk crowned with a sphere is placed on a base made from sandstone from Oberkirchen.
The borough of Walle, in honourable memory of its sons fallen in combat for their fatherland