"Kriegerdenkmal 1870/71" 1873
Obernkirchener Sandstein Künstler: unbekannt Ausführung: Steinhauermeister Schmalhausen, Bremen Auftraggeber: Bremer Senat nicht mehr vorhanden
War memorial 1870/71
Sandstone from Oberkirchen
Construction: Master quarryman Schmalhausen, Bremen
Commissioned by the Senate of Bremen
No longer in existence
The obelisk on a low base made from sandstone from Oberkirchen was inaugurated on the former Herdentor cemetery on the 10th May 1873.
Inscription on the front face:
In memory of those German soldiers who succumbed to their injuries or illnesses in hospitals in Bremen, 1870.
The other three faces bear the names, regiment numbers and hometowns of the 44 soldiers who died.
The war memorial was removed in ca. 1966/67