Design: August Töpfer
Cast: F. Kallmeyer, Bremen
Current form: Klaus Homfeld
Sponsor: Victor Marcus (new additions by the Bürgerpark society)
The Marcus fountain was erected in 1889. The low basin and the fountain pipe with cross-shaped ledges made from stone have been decorated with two fountain bowls, sea horses and Triton knaves made from bronze.
The figurative decoration and the upper bowl were deconstructed for the German metal donation programme on the 6th June 1942 and renewed on the 1st September 1959. In 1976, the fountain was amended in a different form: The upper bowl was renewed and sea shell fragments were affixed instead of the sea horses.