Cast: R. Polzoni, Rome
Sponsor: Franz Ernst Schütte
The reinsman at the Bischofstor (“Bishop’s gate”) beneath the Theaterberg (“theatre hill”) is a gift from the Bremen merchant Franz E. Schütte and was erected on the 20th March 1902.
The bronze group was erected on a brick base with bronze screening.
Signature: L. Tuaillon ... [damage on the sculpture] … Fond. IA R. Polzoni.
During World War II, the bronze group was located in the Kunsthalle, and from 1951 to 1953 it was moved to the Übersee-Museum. It was moved to its original location on the 22nd May 1953.